Princeton University Library Catalog
- Sheaffer, William [Browse]
- Senior thesis
- Fernández-Kelly, Patricia [Browse]
- Princeton University. Department of Sociology [Browse]
- Class year:
- 77 pages
- Restrictions note:
- Walk-in Access. This thesis can only be viewed on computer terminals at the Mudd Manuscript Library.
- Summary note:
- This paper surveys prisoner reentry programs in the United States correctional
system: those that fail and those that succeed in reducing recidivism. I provide an
extensive review of contemporary literature on the subjects of recidivism, financial
costs of prisons, reentry, and the United States’ system of mass
incarceration. Finally, I posit a detailed speculative reentry plan based in available
information and best practices.