Skip to search
Skip to main content
Title starts with
Author (sorted by title)
Call number (browse)
Princeton University Library Catalog
The appropriation of nature : essays on human ecology and social relations / Tim Ingold.
Ingold, Tim, 1948-
Manchester, UK : Manchester University Press, c1986.
ix, 287 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Hunting and gathering societies
Themes in social anthropology.
[More in this series]
Papers derived from various conferences.
Includes bibliographies and index.
Committed to retain in perpetuity — ReCAP Shared Collection (HUL)
1. Prologue: concerning the hunter and his spear
2. The architect and the bee : reflections on the work of animals and men
3. Tools and homo faber : construction and the authorship of design
4. Gatherer-hunter, forager-predator : modes of subsistence in human evolution
5. Extraction, appropriation and co-operation : the constituents of human hunting
6. Territoriality and tenure : the appropriation of space in hunting and gathering societies
8. The significance of storage in hunting societies
9. The principle of individual autonomy and the collective appropriation of nature
10. Hunting, sacrifice and the domestication of animals.
Show 6 more Contents items
H - S
Statement on language in description
Princeton University Library aims to describe library materials in a manner that is respectful to the individuals and communities who create, use, and are represented in the collections we manage.
Ask a Question
Suggest a Correction
Report Harmful Language