Princeton University Library Catalog
- [Belo Horizonte, Brasil] : [Sonhos & Sons], [between 2005 and 2015]
- 2 audio discs ; 4 3/4 in.
- Chamber music
- Popular music
- Arrangements (Music)
- Music for alto or soprano saxophone with various accompaniments. The first disc arrangements of Western classical music from the baroque era employing saxophone in parts usually played by oboe, violin, flute, etc.; the 2nd disc "a new interpretation of Brazilian popular music with a special focus on our European, African and Indian origins" [quoted from Maria Bragança's WWW site, discography page, viewed August 5, 2016].
- Title from disc labels.
- Reissue compilation; the 1st disc issued with title Alma barroca in 2000 and the 2nd disc issued with title Barro oco in 2004.
- Program notes in Portuguese and English (1 folded sheet) affixed to container.
- Time and place of event
- Recorded St. Andreas Church, Düsseldorf, Germany, and São Francisco Church, Sabará, Brazil.
- Maria Bragança, alto and soprano saxophones. On disc 1: Bernd Liffers, organ ; Antonio Magalhães, harpsichord ; Lúcio Gomes, violone. On disc 2: Sohyun Sung, cello ; Michael Collins, piano, harpsichord ; Andre Nenzda, double bass ; Tom Lorenz, vibraphone ; Lúcio Gomes, violone ; Helder Rocha, guitar ; Djalma Corrêa, Mustapha Tettey Addy, percussion ; Antonio Magalhães, harpsichord.
- CD 1. Sonate [that is, Sonata] G minor BWV 1020 for flute and cembalo obligato / J.S. Bach ; transcribed by John Harle -- Sonate C major BWV 1031 for transverse flute and continuo / J.S. Bach ; transcribed by Marcel Mule -- Concerto C minor for oboe / Alessandro Marcello ; transcribed by Maria Bragança -- La folia : sonate XII for violin, opus 5 / Arcangelo Corelli ; transcribed by Maria Bragança.
- CD 2. The art of the fuge [that is, fugue], "The quadrature of the circle" / J.S. Bach ; arrangement, Maria Bragança -- Bachiana no. 5. Ária cantilena / Heitor Villa-Lobos ; arrangement, Maria Bragança -- A Rosa ; Carinhoso / Pixinguinha ; arrangement, Maria Bragança -- Valsa da dor / Heitor Villa-Lobos ; arrangement, Maria Bragança -- Bachiana no. 4. Prelude ; Arie / Heitor Villa-Lobos; arrangement, G. Corman, Mustapha Tettet Addy, Maria Bragança -- Nesta rua / Heitor Villa-Lobos ; arrangement, Maria Bragança -- Scaramouche / Darius Milhaud ; arrangement, Georg Corman, Maria Bragança.
- Other title(s)
- Barro oco.
- C - O
|In Library Use Only