Princeton University Library Catalog
- Renner, Ivo von, 1949- [Browse]
- Berlin : Distanz Verlag, ©2016.
- 228 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- Summary note
- Ivo von Renner (b. Hamburg, 1949; lives in Hamburg, works around the world) is best known as the creator of iconic advertising photographs for campaigns by VW, Triumph-Adler, and Pernod. With 'To You from Afar', the photographer, artist, and traveler now presents a very personal book. More than two hundred postcards he wrote to his family over the past three decades add up to a moving portrait of the comforts of home as well as the lure of distant lands. Moments and years, places and scenes, gripping plots and spontaneous ideas coalesce around deftly arranged tableaus to tell an irresistible story that spans the globe. It invites explorers and dreamers, the curious and the restless, to discover an important truth: wherever our voyages take us, the most important souvenir we return with is the sense of being a little more at home with ourselves.
- 9783954761623 ((hd.bd.))
- 3954761629 ((hd.bd.))
- International Article Number
- N - S
|In Library Use Only