Princeton University Library Catalog
- Paredes, Roberto [Browse]
- Asunción, Paraguay : Servilibro, 2016.
- 240 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Summary note
- The fundamental problem that Paraguay faces is not a question of old or new course, nor is it a question of "left" or "right." The problem is more serious and structural, since Paraguay post stronista, from 1989 until today, lacks "north," objectives, goals and mechanisms duly agreed, without which the country will be trapped for a longer time in the appalling situation In which it is. The writer and journalist explains that Paraguay has not have any direction since the fall of Alfredo Stroessner. It is so in the first part the author exposes what was the government under the control of the Colorado Party, from Alfredo Stroessner to Nicanor Duarte Frutos and how the Fernando Lugo project is managed. In the second and third parts of the book a detailed analysis of the governments of the democratic era is made, with emphasis on the governments of Fernando Lugo, Federico Franco and Horacio Cartes. And it ends with a deep reflection on the presidential succession of 2018 and the theme of presidential re-election.
- 9789996752063 (paperback)
- 9996752062 (paperback)
- N - S