Princeton University Library Catalog
- Scapa, 1931- [Browse]
- Bern : Kunstmuseum Bern, c2016.
- 282 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits ; 29 cm
- Scapa, 1931-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Related name
- Summary note
- "Ted Scapa's life and work presents an extensive universe that is alive with exuberant creativity. The exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts, Berne, engages with Scapa's career as a fine artist, which has hitherto been obscured by his media presence as a TV moderator and cartoonist: it focuses on the paintings, sculptures, and design objects produced by the artist from 1992 onwards. Closely interlinked with his other occupations, he created a fine-art oeuvre that is characterized by wit and spontaneity, by vitality and playfulness. Scapa's art transformed the everyday into pictorial inventions packed with deeper meaning and a zest for life. He invented a narrative visual language that is remarkably simple and packs everyone directly as if by magic. Scapa's art and his person are definitely quite a phenomenon"--Publisher's website.
- Catalog of the exhibition "Scapa ... und so nebenbei" held at the Kunstmuseum Bern, November 18, 2016 - February 19, 2017.
- Other title(s)
- Scapa ... und so nebenbei
- 9783952419762 ((cl.))
- International Article Number
- N - S
|In Library Use Only