Princeton University Library Catalog
- Cugno, Santino Alessandro [Browse]
- Oxford : BAR Publishing, 2017.
- xix, 151 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 30 cm.
- BAR international series ; 2874. [More in this series]
- Summary note
- "This book is a collection of 10 papers on Archaeology and Museology issues in south-eastern Sicily. Two papers are focused on issues related to museums, cultural heritage and landscape, and two present some notable aspects of the cultural education and personality of famous scholars and intellectuals of Syracuse. The remaining six papers are related to the archaeology and ancient topography of the Hyblean plateau: the archaeological discoveries in the Riserva Naturale Integrale Grotta Monello; new chronological observations on the rock sanctuary of Cybele in Akrai; relations between Greek and indigenous archaeological sites in the territory of Syracuse, on the basis of new archaeological surveys in the sites of Cugno Case Vecchie, Causeria and Olivella; an analysis of the typologies, functions and characteristics of early Christian monumental canopy tombs and medieval rock churches with iconostasis; and the study and valorization of the medieval castles of south-eastern Sicily"--Page 4 of cover.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 132-146) and index.
- C - S
|In Library Use Only