Princeton University Library Catalog
- Štrba, Martin, 1961- [Browse]
- Prvé vydanie = First edition.
- Bratislava : Slovart, 2017.
- 135 pages ; chiefly illustrations ; 28 cm
- Writer of supplementary textual content
- Summary note
- This selection of photographs by cameraman Martin Štrba (1961), an important representative of the Slovak New Wave, reflects the personal story of this artist and his unique ability through simple compositions to capture the feelings and values that he believes to be important. The publication is the first monograph to be presented to the wider public and critics. Martin Štrba doesn't intend to shock the viewer, he just wants to talk. He doesn't want to comprehend the whole world, only what he finds to be important. Love, faith, closeness, friendship. The men and women in his photographs are symbols at the same time as they are concrete people. He admits that he is inspired by surrealism, which is visible in the absurd line of his work. The influence of the film industry appears in his pictures too.
- Text in Slovak and English.
- Other title(s)
- Solid ground under one's head
- Martin Štrba
- C - S
|In Library Use Only