Princeton University Library Catalog
- Triënnale voor Vormgeving in Vlaanderen (8th : 2016-2017 : Ghent, Belgium) [Browse]
- [Tielt] : Lannoo, 2016.
- 240 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm
- Related name
- Exhibition catalogs
- Summary note
- Until recently 'craft' was synonymous with old-fashioned. However, the word has come back into vogue - 'craft' is now trending. The virtual world creates a longing for tangible objects with a known maker and a clear story. Innovative technologies such as 3D printing, and water and laser cutting make crafts profitable again for producers. They stimulate the designer's creativity and create affordable products for the consumer. Hands on Design offers an overview of these objects, arisen from cooperation between designers and companies. Technology, industry, craft and sustainability are no longer opposing concepts; rather, they are the collaborative pillars of design. Exhibition: Design Museum Ghent, Belgium (19.11.2016-05.03.2017).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at Design Museum Gent, November 19, 2016-March 5, 2017.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Text in Dutch and English.
- Forewords / Philippe Muyters, Katrien Laporte, Karel Van Eetvelt, Chris De Roock -- Process -- Context. Making the invisible visible / Johan Valcke -- About design and manufacturing / Em. Prof. Dr. Rik Pinxten -- The future of heritage crafts / Arch. Bart Lens -- New technologies as tools / Dr. Annelies Thoelen -- Between fundament and ornament / Em. Prof. Dr. Willem Elias -- Crafts and the creative industry / Prof. Dr. Annick Schramme, Walter van Andel, Sofie Jacobs -- Beyond craft. Handmade design in Belgium 1945-1990 / Frank Huygens -- Scenography -- Design -- 80 hands on products.
- Other title(s)
- 8ste Triënnale voor Vormgeving
- 8th Design Triennial
- C - S
|In Library Use Only