Princeton University Library Catalog
- ʻAsgarī Chāvardī, ʻAlī Riz̤ā [Browse]
- Oxford : BAR Publishing, 2017.
- xvi, 293 pages : illustrations (some color), plans (some color) ; 30 cm.
- Summary note
- This book represents the final report on the field work carried out in 2008 and 2009 by the Iranian-Italian Joint Archaeological Mission at the archaeological site of Persepolis West, where parts of the town adjacent to the well-known Achaemenid monumental terrace of Persepolis have been located. The eleven trial trenches excavated in areas indicated by the results of Iranian and Iranian-French geophysical surveys represent the first stratigraphic excavations ever carried out on this site, the dating of which is supported by a rich series of radiocarbon datings. Illustration of the excavations is preceded by an accurate geophysical study of the topographical context and accompanied by a detailed and richly illustrated analysis of pottery and other finds: the safe stratigraphic context makes these finds a particularly important source of evidence for our knowledge of the ceramics of Fars during the historic pre-Islamic age. The excavations largely confirm the location of the built-up area of Parsa indicated by geophysical surveys.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 289-293).
- 1407316087 ((pbk))
- 9781407316086 ((pbk))
- C - S
|In Library Use Only