Princeton University Library Catalog
- Kansteiner, Sascha [Browse]
- Berlin : De Gruyter, 
- 124 pages, 42 pages of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Summary note
- One of the leitmotifs of ancient sculpture is the orientation to works of past eras. In the study of sculptures by Greek artists who were active in the late Hellenistic period and in the Roman Empire, the question frequently arises: did the sculptor copy a famous sculpture of the past, or create a new work in a classical style? In order to answer this question, scholarship has always relied on the evidence of sculptures which were seen as ancient, but which in reality were not. This study is dedicated to those neoclassical sculptures and to the working methods of the Greek sculptors who based their work on older models.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 103-108) and index.
- Neuschöpfung all'antica -- Vermeintliche Neuschöpfungen -- Neuzeitliche Umbildungen von opera nobilia -- Teilimitationen klassizistischer Gruppen -- Zusammenfassung -- Appendix. Bislang nicht als neuzeitliche Arbeiten (an)erkannte Imitationen von römischen Kopien griechischer opera nobilia.
- 9783110517972 ((hardcover))
- 3110517973 ((hardcover))
- C - S
|In Library Use Only