Princeton University Library Catalog
- Steadman, Philip, 1942- [Browse]
- Uniform title
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2018.
- x, 270 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Summary note
- This book brings together a dozen of Philip Steadman's essays and papers on the geometry of architectural and urban form, written over the last twelve years. New introductions link the papers and set them in context. There are two large themes: a morphological approach to the history of architecture, and studies of possibility in built form. Within this framework the papers cover the geometrical character of the building stock as a whole; histories of selected building types; analyses of density and energy in relation to urban form; and systematic methods for enumerating building plans and built forms. They touch on a range of key topics of debate in architectural theory and building science. Illustrated with over 200 black and white images, this collection provides an accessible and coherent guide to this important work.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Plan geometry, rectangular and circular -- The geometry and 'evolution' of building types -- Built form and urban form : geometry, energy and density -- Theoretical approaches to possibility in built form.
- 9781138226548 (hardcover ; : alkaline paper)
- 1138226548 (hardcover ; : alkaline paper)
- 9781138226555 (paperback ; : alkaline paper)
- 1138226556 (paperback ; : alkaline paper)
- Other standard number
- C - S
|In Library Use Only