Princeton University Library Catalog
- New York ; Paris ; London ; Milan : Rizzoli, 2017.
- 231 pages : color illustrations ; 24 x 32 cm
- Bridges—Turkey—Istanbul [Browse]
- Summary note
- "This book chronicles in detail the various phases of the Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge, which is the third to connect Europe and Asia over the Bosphorus straits. From its design and engineering concept to its realization, this book offers detailed insights through a historical essay, texts, interviews, illustrations, diagrams, and stunning photography. The book pays particular attention to the engineering accomplishments of the bridge, through a series of drawings and photographs that explain the process of its realization and its operative functionality. It also captures, through specially commissioned images by renowned photographer Michel Denance, the experience of the traveler crossing the bridge from Europe to Asia, its presence as a major work of infrastructure in the landscape, and its relation to the city of Istanbul"--Publisher website.
- Originally published in Italian in 2017 by Libro Illustrati Rizzoli.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references (page 230).
- In English; translated from the original Italian.
- Other standard number
- C - S
|In Library Use Only