Princeton University Library Catalog
- Alves, Rafael da Silva [Browse]
- Belo Horizonte, MG : Fino Traço Editora, 
- 266 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Summary note
- The Museum of the Inconfidência is a history museum in Ouro Preto dedicated to those who died in a failed rebellion movement "Inconfidência Mineira" for the Brazilian independence from Portugal. It is one of the most important national museum in the country, created by decree of President Getúlio Vargas in 1938. At that time, the nationalism spirit and the quest of building an official history is made to be note how government policy. Therefore, such a context is considered the peak moment of creation of national historical museums. In 2006 the redesign was completed, under the guidance of French museologist, Pierre Catel. This research intends to interpret the relationship between historiography and museology, and how objects support the Museum of the Inconfidência and its current exhibition, analyzing its speech as a reading of memory and history, linking them with recent historiographical speeches in Minas Gerais and the conspiracy as well as relevant discussions on culture and heritage.
- Prefácio -- Introdução -- 1. Museus, Memória e História -- 2. A Construção do Museu da Inconfidência : Os Heróisʺ voltam à Pátria -- 3. A Exposição do Museu da Inconfidência : Entre a Historiografia e a Expografia -- 4. O Museu da Inconfidência : A Narrativa Histórica Da Instituição -- 5. Novas Interpretações da Inconfidência Mineira : Mitos Desmitificados -- Anexo.
- 9788580542868 ((pbk.))
- C - O
|In Library Use Only