Princeton University Library Catalog
- New York : Actar Publishers, 
- 269 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 23 cm
- Summary note
- The interconnection between the environment and its climate, its built structures and the human body requires overlying architecture with other disciplines such as meteorology, thermodynamics or physiology to engage them in a holistic way. The book is structured in three blocks--Territorial Atmospheres, Material Atmospheres and Physiological Atmospheres--which present three distinct and successive realms at which thermodynamic exchanges are taking place. Territorial Atmospheres deals with the thermodynamic interaction between the environment and its built structures. Material Atmospheres focuses on the interaction between a building and the climate it generates. And lastly, Physiological Atmospheres centers on the interaction between indoor ambient and the physiological and psychological effects on human beings.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other title(s)
- Thermodynamic interactions : an architectural exploration into physiological, material, territorial atmospheres
- 9781940291222 (paperback)
- 1940291224 (paperback)
- Other standard number
- C - S
|In Library Use Only