Princeton University Library Catalog
- New York ; London : Springer, 2010.
- xiv, 373 p. : ill. (some col. ) ; 24 cm.
- Related name
- Biological and medical physics, biomedical engineering. [More in this series]
- Summary note
- "This book and its companion volume describe state-of-the-art advances in techniques associated with implantable neural prosthetic devices and their applications. They offer researchers, engineers, clinicians, students, and any specialists in this field a deeper understanding of the neural prosthetic techniques currently available for a wide range of biomedical applications." "In part two of this two-volume sequence, Implantable Neural Prostheses 2: Techniques and Engineering Approaches, the focus is on general techniques, platforms, and engineering approaches in research and development. Coverage includes biocompatibility, electrode materials and testing, electrochemical techniques for neural stimulation applications, thin-film electrode arrays, hermetic and thin-film packaging, and microelectronics for recording, stimulation and wireless telemetry. Also discussed is the design process in the development of medical devices."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The Biocompatibility and Biostability of New Cardiovascular Materials and Devices / Ken Stokes -- Technology Advances and Challenges in Hermetic Packaging for Implantable Medical Devices / Guangqiang Jiang and David D. Zhou -- Science and Technology of Bio-Inert Thin Films as Hermetic-Encapsulating Coatings for Implantable Biomedical Devices: Application to Implantable Microchip in the Eye for the Artificial Retina / Orlando Auciello and Bing Shi -- The Electrochemistry of Charge Injection at the Electrode/Tissue Interface / Daniel R. Merrill -- In Situ Characterization of Stimulating Microelectrode Arrays: Study of an Idealized Structure Based on Argus II Retinal implants / Vincent Kandagor, Carlos J. Cela, Charlene A. Sanders, Elias Greenbaum, Gianluca Lazzi, David D. Zhou, Richard Castro, Sanjay Gaikwad and Jim Little -- Thin-Film Microelectrode Arrays for Biomedical Applications / Karen C. Cheung -- Stimulation Electrode Materials and Electrochemical Testing Methods / Andy Hung, Ira B. Goldberg and Jack W. Judy -- Conducting Polymers in Neural Stimulation Applications / David D. Zhou, X. Tracy Cui, Amy Hines and Robert J. Greenberg -- Microelectronics of Recording, Stimulation, and Wireless Telemetry for Neuroprosthetics: Design and Optimization / Moo Sung Chae, Zhi Yang and Wentai Liu -- Microchip-Embedded Capacitors for Implantable Neural Stimulators / Orlando Auciello -- An Effective Design Process for the Successful Development of Medical Devices / Mike Colvin.
- 9780387981192 (hbk.)
- 0387981195 (hbk.)
- C - S