Princeton University Library Catalog
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- xxii, 600 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Cardiovascular system—Diseases—Genetic aspects [Browse]
- Related name
- Summary note
- "Consisting of contributions from experts in all specialties of cardiovascular genetics and applied clinical cardiology, Principles and Practice of Clinical Cardiovascular Genetics serves as the comprehensive volume for any clinician or resident in cardiology and genetics. Each chapter provides a detailed and comprehensive account on the molecular genetics and clinical practice related to specific disorders or groups of disorders, including Marfan syndrome, thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms, hypertrophic, dilated and restrictive cardiomyopathies and Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy, as well as many others. All sections comprehensively address cardiovasuclar genetic disorders, beginning with an introduction and including separate sections on the disease's basic biological aspects, specific genetic mechanisms or issues, clinical aspects, genetic management (e.g., genetic diagnosis, risk assessment, genetic counseling, genetic testing), and clinical management issues. The final section exclusively addresses the management of cardiovascular genetic disorders, specifically considering stem cell therapy, genetic counseling, pharmacogenomics and the social and ethical issues surrounding disease treatment."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780195368956 (alk. paper)
- 0195368959 (alk. paper)
- C - S