Princeton University Library Catalog
- Aronson, Ben, 1958- [Browse]
- New York, N.Y. : Tibor de Nagy Gallery, 2008.
- 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Aronson, Ben, 1958-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Related name
- Exhibition catalogs
- Summary note
- "The Tibor de Nagy Gallery is pleased to present new paintings by Ben Aronson. The exhibition marks his second with the gallery. The exhibition will comprise city and street views of New York, San Francisco, and Paris. The works are both large and small in scale and frequently painted from studies done directly in front of the subject. The works are loosely painted and capture the ever-changing light as it both conceals and articulates the forms of the streets and buildings, some falling into shadow. The artist captures in his figures and in rushing traffic, what he has called a city's urban current. He allows the viewer to experience what it is like walking down a busy city street, with eliding figures and vehicular traffic." -- Press release.
- Catalog published on the occasion of the exhibition held at Tibor de Nagy Gallery, New York, Apr. 10-May 17, 2008.
- Essay by Donald Kuspit.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other title(s)
- Urban currents
- N - S
|In Library Use Only