Princeton University Library Catalog
- Nijenhuis, Wim [Browse]
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands : Uitgeverij Duizend & Een, 2017.
- 384 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 30 cm
- Summary note
- Is the basis for our knowledge about city and urban planning solid? How can we theorise about urban design and architecture in our current age? Designed as a triptych of three books in one, this publication intends to enrich our theoretical understanding of urban interventions. Urban design theorist and historian Wim Nijenhuis engages various philosophers and a spectrum of disciplines, such as urbanism, architecture, history, media science, and art, in each section: a treatise on urban history, essays about the condition of the city in our media age, and meditations about epistemological problems that in turn question the practice of critical writing and propose a shift in worldview.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9789071346460 ((paperback))
- 9071346463 ((paperback))
- C - S
|In Library Use Only