Princeton University Library Catalog
- Hafnarfjörður : Hafnarfjörður Institute of Culture and Fine Art, 2007.
- 40 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 21 cm
- Host institution
- Summary note
- "The juxtaposition in this exhibition of still life paintings of Louisa Matthiasdottir and Leland Bell provides a unique opportunity to compare the characteristic approaches to painting of two artists, husband and wife, who for fifty years lived and painted under the same roof... together with a small group of artists, mostly from the Hofmann School, they came to represent an alternative strain in New York School painting, one which was based on applying the underlying principles of modernism to figurative painting....their still life paintings exemplify their resolve to maintain a connection with and pay homage to earlier art while moving beyond it and submitting it to a later twentieth century sensibility"--Pages 17-21.
- Published in conjunction with the exhibition: "Louisa Matthíasdóttir & Leland Bell : sameiginlegt líf - uppstillingar = Louisa Matthíasdóttir & Leland Bell : still lifes - from a shared life" held at the Hafnarfjörður Institute of Culture and Fine Art, May 11th to June 24, 2007.
- Parallel text in Icelandic and English.
- [Introduction] / Jón Proppé -- Kyrralífsmyndir ur langri sambúð: Málverk Lelands Bell og Louisu Matthíasdóttur / Eftir Martica Sawin -- Still lifes from a shared life: the paintings of Leland Bell and Louisa Matthiasdottir / Martica Sawin -- Louisa Matthíasdóttur [1917-2000] -- Leland Bell [1922-1991] -- Ferilskra = Exhibition history.
- Other title(s)
- Louisa Matthíasdóttir and Leland Bell
- Still lifes from a shared life
- N - S
|In Library Use Only