Princeton University Library Catalog
- Bookidis, Nancy, 1938- [Browse]
- Princeton, New Jersey : The American School of Classical Studies at Athens, 2015.
- xix, 180 pages, 50 pages of plates : illustrations ; 31 cm.
- Related name
- Summary note
- "This volume continues the publication of excavations conducted by the American School of Classical Studies at Athens in the Sanctuary of Demeter and Kore on Acrocorinth. It incorporates two bodies of material: Greek lamps and offering trays. The lamps include those made from the 7th through 2nd centuries B.C., together with a few Roman examples not included in Corinth XVIII.2. They served to provide light and to accompany the rites of sacrifice. The offering trays differ from the liknon-type offering trays published by A. Brumfield; they support a variety of vessels rather than types of food and had a symbolic function in the Sanctuary rituals. They are extremely common in the Sanctuary and only rarely attested elsewhere."--Publisher's website.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Other title(s)
- Greek lamps and offering trays
- 9780876611876 ((alk. paper))
- 0876611870 ((alk. paper))
- Other standard number
- C - S
|In Library Use Only