Princeton University Library Catalog
- Zurich : Lars Müller Publishers, 
- 342 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
- Summary note
- "One guiding principle of this cycle of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture is the importance of plurality. Since its inception the Award has aimed to be inclusive and to embrace the engagement of a diverse group of users. But equally, it has sought projects that explore a plurality of methods and architectures in achieving that goal. Here, the authors of the essays use that productive tension between architecture and plurality not only to provide a framework for the examination of the projects but also to explore the intellectual and projective means by which architecture and plurality can find other common grounds in the future." -- P. 4 of cover.
- "Aga Khan Award for Architecture"
- "The aim of this publication is to share the findings of the 13th Award Cycle, spanning from 2014 to 2016." -- P. 7.
- Preface / Farrokh Derakhshani -- Architecture an plurality / Mohsen Mostafavi -- Spaces for diversity: a plea for pluralism / Luis Fernández-Galiano -- Pluralism: engaging difference in an interdependent world / Diana L. Eck -- What is pluralism?: Some philosophical and historical reflections / Akeel Bilgrami -- Place and plurality / Azim Nanji -- Steering committee brief -- Report of the master jury -- Award recipients : Community : Friendship Centre / Gaibandha, Bangladesh -- Conservation : Micro Yuan'er Children's Library and Art Centre / Beijing, China -- Construction : Bait ur Rouf Mosque / Dhaka, Bangladesh -- Parallel readings in contemporary mosque architecture and Bait ur Rouf / Emre Arolat -- Architecture of the essential / Nondita Correa Mehrotra -- Infrastructure : Tabiat pedestrian bridge, Tehran, Iran -- The bridge / Hassan Radoine -- Learning : Issam Fares Institute, Beirut, Lebanon -- Publics : Superkilen, Copenhagen, Denmark -- Superkilen: a playground for pluralism / Azra Akšamija -- Shortlisted projects : Community : Bunateka Libraries, various locations, Kosovo -- New power station, Baku, Azerbaijan -- The place of culture, heritage and architecture in an urban planet / Francesco Bandarin -- Thread Cultural Centre, Sinthian, Senegal -- The 'development' bind / Lesley Lokko -- Conservation : Manouchehri house, Kashan, Iran -- Nasrid Tower restoration, Huercal-Overa, Spain -- A sensitive boldness in conservation / Seif El Rashidi -- Construction : House of 40 knots, Tehran, Iran -- Infrastructure : Casa-Port new railway station, Casablanca, Morocco -- Makoko Floating School, Lagos, Nigeria -- Ecosystemic agencies / Tomà Berlanda -- Learning : Guelmin School of Technology, Guelmin, Morocco -- Royal Academy for Nature Conservation, Ajloun, Japan -- Publics : Ceuta Public Library, Ceuta, Spain -- Technology : Doha Tower, Doha, Qatar -- Deep skin triumphs / Hanif Kara -- King Fahad National Library, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia -- On environmental responsiveness and technology integration / Hossein Rezai -- Beyond function / Dominique Perrault -- 2016 Award Steering Committee -- 2016 Award Master Jury -- 2016 Award on-site review members -- Recipients of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture 1980-2016.
- C - S
|In Library Use Only