Princeton University Library Catalog
- Primera edición.
- Ciudad de México : MUAC, Museo Universitario Arte Contemporáneo, UNAM : RM Editorial, 2017.
- 135 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 22 cm.
- Writer of supplementary textual content
- Host institution
- Issuing body
- Summary note
- Conceptual artist Jill Magid (Connecticut 1973) questions the forms of power, public access and copyright used to construct artistic legacy through multiyear project examining the career of Pritzker Prize winning architect (Jalisco 1902-1988), one of the most important Mexican architects of the 20th century. The exhibition includes the piece "The Proposal" an installation comprising a diamond ring made with the ashes of Luis Barragán. Magid created the ring to offer it in exchange for a part of the archives of Luis Barragán, bought in 1995 by Swiss businessman Rolf Fehlbaum. The "engagement rings" was meant for his wife Federica Zanco, who is the director of the Foundation Barragan and custodial of the archive held in a bunker in Basel that contains plans, photographs, scale models and other personal documents. "Magid proposes to Zanco, who is accompanied by Felhbaum, at the Vitrahaus Café, requesting that she share Barragán's professional archive with the public in Mexico in exchange for the diamond ring."--Page 118.
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition "Jill Magid. A letter always arrives at its destination. The Barragán archives" (April 27th to October 8th, 2017) MUAC, Museo Universitario Arte Contemporáneo. UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico City."--Facing Title Page.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Texts in Spanish and English.
- Contribución al epistolario = Epistolary contribution / Cuauhtémoc Medina -- Correspondencia. De Jull Magid a Federico Zanco = Correspondence. From Jill Magid to Federico Zanco / Jill Magid -- En las moradas de Barragán = Barragán's dwelling places / Christopher Fraga -- Línea de tiempo = Timeline -- Semblanza = Biographical sketch -- Catálogo = Catalog.
- Other title(s)
- Carta siempre llega a su destino : los Archivos Barragán
- Letter always arrives at its destination : the Barragán archives
- Jill Magid.
- Jill Magid. English.
- 9788417047207 ((RM Verlag))
- C - O
|In Library Use Only