Princeton University Library Catalog
- Bogotá, Colombia : Museo de Arte Contemporáneo, 
- 30 pages : color illustrations ; 30 cm.
- Art, Chilean—21st century—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Art, Modern—21st century—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Sublime, The, in art—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Wilson, Angela—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Vio, Andrés, 1973-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Vargas, Eugenia, 1949-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Tyler, Pedro, 1975-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Peró, Francisco, 1981-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Prado Browne, Catalina—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Ortúzar, Teresa—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Oltra, Carolina—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Moya, Lorenzo—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Mena Ürmény, Catalina, 1971-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Larraín Chaux, Alicia—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Gana, Hernán, 1969-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Errázuriz, Amelia, 1961-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Bruna, Rodrigo, 1971-—Exhibitions [Browse]
- Issuing body
- Host institution
- Summary note
- Artistic proposals of 14 Chilean artists in which a state of reality and nature is reflected. Inspired by the theory of the German philosopher Immanuel Kant on the beautiful and the sublime, the works that make up the exhibition bring an exploration into that endless universe of ideas altered by human experiences. The theory of this German philosopher has in his speech a strong rootedness in art; About how the sensitive world is perceived through factors such as image and aesthetic, which unleash certain feelings that end up leading the human being to the beautiful that enchants and the sublime that moves. The exhibited works can be interpreted as evidence of the contextual similarities between Chile and Colombia, through works that were influenced by social and political aspects, being the exploration of some materials and the way of interpreting, which stands out in the work of Chilean artists.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held April - May 2016 at the MAC in Bogota, Colombia.
- "Abril-Mayo, 2016"--Cover.
- Lo bello & lo sublime / Ernesto Muñoz -- Rodrigo Bruna -- Amelia Errázuris -- Hernán Gana -- Alicia Larraín -- Catalina Mena -- Lorenzo Moya -- Carolina Oltra -- Teresa Ortúzar -- Francisco Peró -- Catalina Prado -- Pedro Tyler -- Eugenia Vargas -- Andrés Vio -- Angela Wilson -- Mariposas / Gabriela Mistral.
- Other title(s)
- Bello y lo sublime
- C - S
|In Library Use Only