Princeton University Library Catalog
- Vignelli, Massimo [Browse]
- Mulgrave, Vic. : Images, 2007.
- 194 pages : chiefly illustrations (chiefly color) ; 23 cm
- Criticism, interpretation, etc
- Summary note
- An elegant look at the work of Massimo and Lella Vignelli, two internationally acclaimed names who have become synonymous with modern design. Encompassing some of the most iconic images of the 20th century, from New York's famous Subway signs to the bold bags of Bloomingdale's department stores, Vignelli designs have become part of contemporary culture, and this inspirational book takes readers on an aesthetic, alphabetical journey from Helvetica to Style, Typography and of course the Vignellis themselves: the names behind the names. There are also insights into the inspiration behind interiors, dinnerware, furniture, fashion, newspapers, magazines and architecture, all captured with typical Vignelli typographical flair. "An architect should be able to design everything from the spoon to the city," repeats Massimo Vignelli, and this talented duo have certainly done that.--From publisher description.
- 其他题名:Vignelli from A to Z.
- Ambiguity -- Books -- Chromotype -- Discipline -- Education -- Furniture -- Garments -- Helvetica/history -- Interiors -- Lighting -- Magazines -- Newspapers -- Objects -- Packaging/products -- Quality -- Responsibility -- Structure/style -- Typography -- Universities -- Vignelli -- Z.
- Other title(s)
- From A to Z
- C - S
|In Library Use Only