Princeton University Library Catalog
- Barcelona : RM Verlag : Ajuntament de Barcelona, c2016.
- 215 pages : chiefly illustrations ; 30 cm
- Related name
- Exhibition, pictorial works
- Summary note
- Exhibition of nearly 1,000 works that explores the photographic iconography of the urban evolution of the city throughout a century and a half of history, under the eyes of Jorge Ribalta, artist, critic and independent curator. The exhibition traces the link between urban transformation, marked by the celebration of major international events, from the Universal Exhibition of 1888 to the Forum of Cultures 2004. It also reviews the historical role of photography in the configuration of perception and public opinion of the city in a period ranging from the emergence of multiple photographic technologies in the 1850s to the massive expansion of digital technologies, the Internet, mobile telephony and social networks at the turn of the 20th century to the XXI. -- Time out magazine.
- Catalogue of an exhibtion of 'Barcelona la metrópolis en la era de la fotografía, 1860-2004' held March 24-June 26 2016 at the [La virreina] Centre De La Imatge
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 9788498508536 ((Ajuntament de Barcelona))
- 8498508533 ((Ajuntament de Barcelona))
- N - S
|In Library Use Only