Princeton University Library Catalog
- Magee, David, 1965- [Browse]
- Hoboken, NJ : Wiley, 2005.
- xxi, 234 p. ; 22 cm.
- Summary note
- "In The John Deere Way, celebrated business author David Magee takes you behind the scenes to discover the timeless underlying principles and innovative practices that have enabled John Deere to continue to leap ahead of the competition for nearly 170 years." "Given unfettered access to the company, its archives, and its CEO Robert Lane, Magee soon discovered that the driving force behind this dynamic organization is a set of values and principles instilled at its inception by John Deere himself. From the day Deere developed the world's first commercially successful self-scouring steel plow in 1837 through to a remarkable series of innovations spearheaded by Robert Lane today, these principles have guided the company through good times and bad, helping it survive depressions and wars while making the most of prosperous times."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Robert W. Lane -- Ch. 1. Embrace the culture -- Ch. 2. Quality comes first -- Ch. 3. Create change through innovation -- Ch. 4. Always maintain integrity -- Ch. 5. Commitment never quits -- Ch. 6. Build a business as great as your products -- Ch. 7. Put the brand to work (and protect it at all costs) -- Ch. 8. All relationships must be win-win -- Ch. 9. Grow on the strength of your roots -- Ch. 10. Performance that endures -- App. A. John Deere leadership -- App. B. Key dates in John Deere history -- App. C. John Deere green bulletins -- App. D. John Deere strategy -- App. E. John Deere's business.
- 0471706442 (cloth)
- Other standard number
- C - S