Princeton University Library Catalog
- Primera edición.
- México D.F. : Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México ; [Coahuila] : Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila, 2015.
- 126 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits ; 29 cm
- Summary note
- Manuel Muñoz Olivares (b. Matamoros, Coahuila, 1925) was born in a rural family of the desert in the norther state of Coahuila. He was a disciple of Manuel Guillermo Lourdes, an educated and talented artist who studied in Paris with the sculptor Auguste Rodin, and had his first exhibition in May 1946. "Muñoz Olivares is the serene, realistic painter witness of the everyday life that occurs around him. Special mention deserve his landscapes where the volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccihuatl are the main protagonists and of course, his portraits, mostly of old people and children, masterly made." (HKB translation) --Page 9.
- Presentación / José Narro Robles -- Obra -- Un aire de nostalgia: La pitura de Manuel Muñoz Olivares / Felipe Garrido -- Catalogo de obra.
- Other title(s)
- Pintura de Manuel Muñoz Olivares
- N - S
|In Library Use Only