Princeton University Library Catalog
- Gray, Paul, 1930-2012 [Browse]
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley, c2006.
- xxiii, 326 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Summary note
- "With Paul Gray's Manager's Guide to Making Decisions About IS, you'll learn how IS can help the organization as a whole, and how to make key decisions on whether to undertake, upgrade, or decommission large software systems. You'll also learn about the capabilities of IS, such as the many uses of a data warehouse and using IS to gain competitive intelligence." "The Manager's Guide to Making Decisions About IS first focuses on big picture issues, such as hardware, software, and the Internet; strategic uses of IS; aligning IS with the business; types of applications; and inter-organizational systems." "Gray then provides you with knowledge that will help you make informed decisions on big-ticket applications, including electronic commerce, enterprise requirements planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), data warehousing, knowledge management, and business intelligence." "Finally, the Manager's Guide to Making Decisions About IS examines the IS issues that managers are currently facing in today's business, including outsourcing, systems integration, supply chain, people issues, mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure, and privacy, security, and ethics."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ch. 1. What is an information system? -- Ch. 2. The big picture : IT and business -- Ch. 3. Electronic commerce -- Ch. 4. Enterprise requirements planning -- Ch. 5. Data warehousing -- Ch. 6. Customer relationship management -- Ch. 7. Knowledge management -- Ch. 8. Business intelligence -- Ch. 9. Outsourcing and its variations : letting someone else do the work -- Ch. 10. Working together : systems integration, interorganizational systems, alliances, and globalization -- Ch. 11. Is in managing business operations : the supply chain -- Ch. 12. The chief information officer, people issues, project management, change management -- Ch. 13. Information systems in mergers and acquisitions -- Ch. 14. Work systems and infrastructure -- Ch. 15. Privacy, security, copyright, patents, and other legal and ethical issues.
- 0471263591 (cloth)
- C - S