Princeton University Library Catalog
- Dittmann, Reinhart [Browse]
- Berlin ; Boston : Walter De Gruyter GmbH, 
- 587 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Early works
- Related work(s)
- Summary note
- For the first time, this volume offers a complete German translation of the principal literary work of Bernard Palissy (1510-90), including critical commentary. The tractate by the French ceramic artist represents a major foundational text in art history and the history of science, integrating themes from geoscience with artistic practice. A commentary section examines the implications of the work for the growth of knowledge and discovery. -- Provided by publisher.
- "Dissertation an der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Kultur-, Sozial-und Bildungswissenschaftliche Fakultät 2014." -- T.p. verso.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references.
- In German, translated from the original French. Publisher's summary in English.
- Publisher's translation
- Discovering nature and creating art : Bernhard Palissy's Discours admirables : a translation and commentary
- N - O
|In Library Use Only