Princeton University Library Catalog
- New York : Guilford Press, c2005.
- xiv, 289 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Attachment behavior in children [Browse]
- Related name
- Summary note
- "A growing body of research has established that individuals who form secure attachments in early childhood or adolescence experience better social adjustment and mental health outcomes. Yet the important years between ages 6 and 12 have been relatively neglected in the literature. This unique volume is the first to bring together emerging theories and findings on attachment in middle childhood, including the results of key longitudinal studies. Timely and authoritative, it is essential reading for develop-mentalists, clinicians, and others concerned with the well-being of children and families." "With contributions from leading investigators, the book explores the effects on attachment of a wide range of factors in middle childhood, including children's broadening network of social relationships. Compelling data are presented on whether the quality of attachment in middle childhood can be predicted by assessments earlier in life, and what may explain changes over time."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ch. 1. Ontogeny of attachment in middle childhood : conceptualization of normative changes / Ofra Mayseless -- Ch. 2. Developmental contextual considerations of parent-child attachment in the later middle childhood years / Rhonda A. Richardson -- Ch. 3. Assessing attachment in middle childhood / Kathryn A. Kerns, Andrew Schlegelmilch, Theresa A. Morgan and Michelle M. Abraham -- Ch. 4. The attachment hierarchy in middle childhood : conceptual and methodological issues / Roger Kobak, Natalie Rosenthal and Asia Serwik -- Ch. 5. Dimensions of attachment in middle childhood / Jennifer L. Yunger, Brooke C. Corby and David G. Perry -- Ch. 6. Attachment in infancy and in early and late childhood : a longitudinal study / Massimo Ammaniti, Anna Maria Speranza and Silvia Fedele -- Ch. 7. The construct of coherence as an indicator of attachment security in middle childhood : the friends and family interview / Howard Steele and Miriam Steele -- Ch. 8. Attachment and friendship predictors of psychosocial functioning in middle childhood and the mediating roles of social support and self-worth / Cathryn Booth-LaForce, Kenneth H. Rubin, Linda Rose-Krasnor and Kim B. Burgess -- Ch. 9. Quality of attachment at school age : relations between child attachment behavior, psychosocial functioning, and school performance / Ellen Moss, Diane St.-Laurent, Karine Dubois-Comtois and Chantal Cyr -- Ch. 10. Perceived security of attachment to mother and father : developmental differences and relations to self-worth and peer relationships at school / Karine Verschueren and Alfons Marcoen -- Ch. 11. Examining relationships between students and teachers : a potential extension of attachment theory? / Laura T. Zionts -- Ch. 12. Relationship past, present, and future : reflections on attachment in middle childhood / H. Abigail Raikes and Ross A. Thompson.
- 1593851219 (hardcover)
- C - S