Princeton University Library Catalog
- Langabeer, James R., II, 1969- [Browse]
- Sudbury, Mass. : Jones and Bartlett Publishers, c2008.
- xvii, 438 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Summary note
- "Health Care Operations Management: A Quantitative Approach to Business and Logistics is the perfect tool for understanding the operational components of business management in health care. Covering everything from supply chain management to business process and service design, technology and systems, and performance improvement, this book delves into topics that are overlooked in most healthcare texts. The author thoroughly illustrates the value of sound operational management, helping both students and professionals create a competitive advantage for their organizations."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Pt. I. Operations management and financial health -- Ch. 1. Healthcare operations management -- Ch. 2. Health care as a business -- Ch. 3. Healthcare finance for the operations manager -- Pt. II. Process engineering and optimization -- Ch. 4. Process and quality improvement -- Ch. 5. Optimizing patient and process flows -- Ch. 6. Productivity and performance management -- Ch. 7. Project and change management -- Ch. 8. Planning for operational excellence -- Ch. 9. Return on investment models -- Pt. III. Logistics and supply chain management -- Ch. 10. Supply chain management strategy -- Ch. 11. Purchasing and materials management -- Ch. 12. Inventory management and accounting -- Ch. 13. Classifying and managing products -- Ch. 14. Supply chain collaboration -- Ch. 15. Pharmaceutical operations management -- Pt. IV. Summary -- Ch. 16. The future of operations management -- App. A. Major teaching hospitals.
- C - S