Princeton University Library Catalog
- Fricchione, Gregory [Browse]
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2011.
- xv, 534 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The medical mission and evolution -- Two realms of knowledge-or one? -- Knowledge, meaning, and healing -- Evolution of the protocell -- Cellular evolution -- Separation, attachment, and animal evolution -- Separation, attachment, and evolution of the brain -- Structuring the brain to know and act -- Memory and motivation -- Meaning, healing, and the brain -- Separation, attachment, and human development -- Separation, attachment, and the life cycle -- The social neuroscience of separation and attachment -- Consciousness, language, and their origins -- Evolutionary consciousness -- Implications for society, culture, and ethics -- An evolutionary true cause? -- The separation challenge-attachment solution hypothesis -- A testable hypothesis -- Analogies and analysis -- Implications for the mission of modern medicine -- Implications for medicine at the end of life -- Postscript : a commentary on human evolution.
- 9781421402208 (alk. paper)
- 1421402203 (alk. paper)
- C - S