Princeton University Library Catalog
- Peterson, Phillip K. [Browse]
- Baltimore : The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2013.
- x, 130 p. ; 19 cm
- Introduction : applying and breaking the rules -- Rule 1. If you don't know what you're doing, don't do anything -- Rule 2. If what you're doing seems to be working, think about continuing it -- Rule 3. If what you're doing doesn't seem to be working, think about doing something else -- Rule 4. Don't agree to an invasive procedure without understanding why it's needed -- and without getting a second opinion -- Rule 5. If you don't have symptoms, a doctor can't make you feel better -- Rule 6. Never trust anyone completely, especially purveyors of conventional wisdom -- Rule 7. Most things are what they seem to be, except when they're not -- Rule 8. What your doctor doesn't know could kill you -- Rule 9. Timing is everything, and sometimes time is the cure -- Rule 10. Caring is always important medicine -- Epilogue : the participatory art of medicine -- Recap : the rules revisited.
- 9781421410692 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1421410699 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- C - S