Princeton University Library Catalog
- New York : Demos Medical, c2009.
- xvii, 296 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Biliary tract—Cancer [Browse]
- Related name
- Summary note
- "Biliary Tract and Gallbladder Cancer: Diagnosis and Therapy is a comprehensive and definitive discussion of all aspects of the treatment of malignant tumors of the gallbladder and biliary tract. This is the first book to examine these cancers in such depth, as rapid advances in surgical oncology and radiotherapeutic approaches have demanded the full coverage this text provides." "The book progresses logically, with early chapters presenting the epidemiologic, pathologic, and pathogenic characteristics of Bt and GB lesions, followed by excellent discussions of clinical and radiologic diagnosis and staging. Finally, the full arsenal of therapeutic approaches is presented, from the local to systemic, established to experimental. Segments throughout detail the most current cutting-edge therapies, making the latest information readily available across a number of subdisciplines." "Biliary Tract and Gallbladder Cancer is the single-source knowledge base for multidisciplinary biliary tract cancer management. It is comprehensive enough to demonstrate new treatments of biliary tract cancer to experienced practitioners, yet concise enough to serve as an introduction to novices in the field."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Epidemiology of gallbladder and biliary trace neoplasms / Clifton David Fuller and Andrew K. Diehl -- 2. Role of growth factor signaling pathways / Kaoru Kigucht and John DiGiovanni -- 3. Histopathology and molecular pathogenesis of gallbladder cancer / Ivan Roa Esterio, Xabier de Aretxabala and Ignacio I. Wistuba -- 4. Histopathology and molecular pathogenesis of biliary tract cancer / Shahid A. Khan, Robert David Goldin, Amar W. Sharif and Nagy Habib -- 5. Novel biomarkers for biliary tract cancer / Ross C. Smith -- 6. Pathologic staging of gallbladder and biliary tract cancer / Chen Liu and James M. Crawford -- 7. Overview of current diagnostic imaging strategies / Helja Otkarinen -- 8. Imaging of hepatic transplantation for biliary tract cancer / Sridhar Shankar, Sathish Kumar Dundmadappa and Shimul Shah -- 9. Magnetic resonance imaging / Alessandro Guarise and Giovanni Morana -- 10. Functional imaging / Antonio Rodriguez-Fernandez, Manuel Gomez-Rio and Jose Manuel Llamas-Elvira -- 11. Computed tomography / Leonardo Marcal, Chitra Viswanathan and Janio Szklaruk -- 12. Radiofrequency ablation / Ronald S. Arellano -- 13. Chemoembolization / Kenneth J. Kolbeck and John Kaufman -- 14. Surgical management of intrahepatic biliary trace cancer / Richard R. Smith and John F. Gibbs -- 15. Surgical management of extrahepatic biliary tract cancer / Swee H. Teh and Susan L. Orloff -- 16. Surgical management of gallbladder cancer / Rebecca J. McClaine, Syed A. Ahmad and Andrew M. Lowy -- 17. Systemic therapy for biliary tract cancer / Bassel F. El-Rayes and Philip A. Philip -- 18. Radiation therapy / Brian G. Czito and Clifton David Fuller -- 19. 3D-conformal and intensity-modulated radiation therapy / Joshua D. Lawson and Jerome C. Landry -- 20. Brachytherapy / Subir Nag, Kevin Forsythe and Andrew Kennedy -- 21. Image-guided radiation therapy and stereotactic body radiation therapy / Laura A. Dawson and Martin Fuss -- 22. Symptom management and palliation / Eduardo da Silveira, Douglas O. Faigel and M. Brian Fennerty -- 23. Future directions / Clifton David Fuller and Charles R. Thomas, Jr.
- 9781933864426 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1933864427 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- C - S