Princeton University Library Catalog
- Sudbury, Mass. : Jones and Bartlett Publishers, c2005.
- xvi, 428 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Related name
- Summary note
- "Organizational Behavior in Health Care presents a clear understanding of individual and group behavior in healthcare organizational settings. Using an applied focus, the book provides a concise overview of key issues, such as perceptions and attitudes, stress, conflict, conflict management and negotiations, group dynamics, team building, and managing organizational change. This essential new resource gives managers critical insight into understanding workplace problems and dynamics, thus enabling organizations to achieve success through increased job satisfaction and productivity."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ch. 1. Overview and history of organizational behavior / Nancy Borkowski -- Ch. 2. Diversity in health care / Jean Gordon -- Ch. 3. Attitudes and perceptions / Jeffrey Pickens -- Ch. 4. Workplace communication / Kristina L. Guo and Yesenia Sanchez -- Ch. 5. Content theories of motivation / Nancy Borkowski -- Ch. 6. Process theories of motivation / Nancy Borkowski -- Ch. 7. Power and influence / Nancy Borkowski -- Ch. 8. Behavioral theories of leadership / Robert De Young -- Ch. 9. Contingency theories of leadership / Robert De Young -- Ch. 10. Contemporary leadership theories / Robert De Young -- Ch. 11. Stress in the workplace and stress management / Nancy Borkowski -- Ch. 12. Conflict Management, decision making and negotiation skills / Nancy Borkowski -- Ch. 13. Overview of group dynamics / Nancy Borkowski -- Ch. 14. Groups / Judith Bachay -- Ch. 15. Teams and team building / Nancy Borkowski -- Ch. 16. Organization development / Lorrie Jones -- Ch. 17. Resistance to change and change management / Paul D. Maxwell.
- 0763747688 (pbk.)
- C - S