Princeton University Library Catalog
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2003.
- xxxiii, 490 p. ; 24 cm.
- Related name
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword / Budd Hall -- Pt. 1. Introduction to Community Based Participatory Research. 1. Introduction to Community Based Participatory Research / Meredith Minkler and Nina Wallerstein. 2. The Conceptual, Historical, and Practice Roots of Community Based Participatory Research and Related Participatory Traditions / Nina Wallerstein and Bonnie Duran. 3. Critical Issues in Developing and Following Community Based Participatory Research Principles / Barbara A. Israel, Amy J. Schulz, Edith A. Parker, Adam B. Becker, Alex J. Allen III and J. Ricardo Guzman -- Pt. 2. Power, Trust, and Dialogue: Working with Communities on Multiple Levels in Community Based Participatory Research. 4. The Dance of Race and Privilege in Community Based Participatory Research / Vivian Chavez, Bonnie Duran, Quinton E. Baker, Magdalena M. Avila and Nina Wallerstein. 5. Are Academics Irrelevant? Approaches and Roles for Scholars in Community Based Participatory Research / Randy Stoecker.
- 6. Community-Researcher Partnerships: Perspectives from the Field / Marianne Sullivan, Stella S. Chao, Carol A. Allen, Ahoua Kone, Martine Pierre-Louis and James Krieger -- Pt. 3. Identifying Strengths and Selecting Issues with Communities. 7. Community-Driven Asset Identification and Issue Selection / Meredith Minkler and Trevor Hancock. 8. Using Internet Based Tools to Build Capacity for Community Based Participatory Research and Other Efforts to Promote Community Health and Development / Stephen B. Fawcett, Jerry A. Schultz, Valorie Lynn Carson, Valerie A. Renault and Vincent T. Francisco. 9. Using Photovoice as a Participatory Assessment and Issue Selection Tool: A Case Study with the Homeless in Ann Arbor / Caroline C. Wang -- Pt. 4. Methodological and Ethical Considerations in Planning and Conducting Community Based Participatory Research. 10. Issues and Choice Points for Improving the Quality of Action Research / Hilary Bradbury and Peter Reason.
- 11. Methodological and Ethical Considerations in Community-Driven Environmental Justice Research: Two Case Studies from Rural North Carolina / Stephanie Ann Farquhar and Steve Wing. 12. Ethical Challenges in Community Based Participatory Research: A Case Study from the San Francisco Bay Area Disability Community.
- 0787964573 (alk. paper)
- C - S