Princeton University Library Catalog
- 3rd ed.
- Philadelphia, PA : Mosby Elsevier, c2006.
- xxxi, 952 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Disaster medicine [Browse]
- Related name
- Summary note
- "This brand-new reference offers comprehensive yet succinct guidance on the preparation, assessment, and management of a full range of disasters, both natural and man-made (including the threat of terrorist attack and the use of chemical, biological, and nuclear weapon systems.) Dr. Ciottone - recognized worldwide as an authority in the field - presents a full range of coverage from the basics of disaster medicine to more advanced concepts, such as tactical EMS, hazard vulnerability analysis, impact of disaster on children, and more." "Part 1 of the book gives you an "A-Z" source for information on every aspect of disaster medicine and management. Part 2 features an exhaustive compilation of every conceivable disaster event, organized to facilitate fast reference in a real-time setting. Part 2 also serves as your quick consult on disaster medicine." "This new volume includes Individual Concepts and Events sections that provide information on the general approach to disaster medicine and practical information on specific disasters. You'll also find an exhaustive list of chapters on the conceivable chemical and biologic weapons known today, as well as strategies for the management of future events, or possible scenarios, for which there is no precedent."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- C - S