Princeton University Library Catalog
- New York, N.Y. : Humana Press, c2010.
- x, 229 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Histology—Laboratory manuals [Browse]
- Related name
- Laboratory Manual
- Summary note
- "With much of what we know about the pathogenesis of disease coming from the systematic and careful study of histological material, histology has proven to be an incredibly valuable area of study. In "Histology Protocols", expert researchers in the field contribute detailed methods involving the preparation of tissue, providing an overview of fixation, embedding, and processing, along with the required techniques for the retrieval of RNA from histological sections, followed by sections on routine and specialist histological staining techniques, including immuno-, lectin, and hybridization histochemistry, histological staining, as well as specific methods for the in situ identification of hypoxia and apoptosis, and details on the advances in imaging and image analysis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls." "Authoritative and cutting-edge, "Histology Protocols" will provide molecular biologists with the basic histochemical techniques and histologists with the molecular techniques necessary to realize the potential of their resource."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- C - S