Princeton University Library Catalog
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2006.
- xx, 423 p. ; 23 cm.
- Related name
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1. Intersectionality and health : an introduction / Leith Mullings and Amy J. Schulz -- 2. Reconstructing the landscape of health disparities research : promoting dialogue and collaboration between feminist intersectional and biomedical paradigms / Lynn Weber -- 3. Moods and representations of social inequality / Emily Martin -- 4. Constructing whiteness in health disparities research / Jessie Daniels and Amy J. Schulz -- 5. The intersection of race, gender, and SES : health paradoxes / Pamela Braboy Jackson and David R. Williams -- 6. Identity development, discrimination, and psychological well-being among African American and Caribbean black adolescents / Cleopatra Howard Caldwell, Barbara J. Guthrie and James S. Jackson -- 7. Disparities in Latina health : an intersectional analysis / Ruth E. Zambrana and Bonnie Thornton Dill -- 8. Immigrant workers : do they fear workplace injuries more than they fear their employers? / Marianne P. Brown -- 9. Health disparities : what do we know? what do we need to know? what should we do? / H. Jack Geiger -- 10. From conspiracy theories to clinical trials : questioning the role of race and culture versus racism and poverty in medical decision making / Cheryl Mwaria -- 11. Whose health? whose justice? : examining quality of care and forms of advocacy for women diagnosed with breast cancer / Mary K. Anglin -- 12. Resistance and resilience : the Sojourner syndrome and the social context of reproduction in Central Harlem / Leith Mullings -- 13. Intersections of race, class, and gender in public health interventions / Amy J. Schulz, Nicholas Freudenberg and Jessie Daniels -- 14. Movement-grounded theory : intersectional analysis of health inequities in the United States / Sandi Morgen.
- 0787976636 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- International Article Number
- C - S