Princeton University Library Catalog
- Seattle : Hogrefe & Huber, c1996.
- xv, 540 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Related name
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction / Stephen Soreff -- 2. The Pursuit of a Definition for Severe and Persistent Mental Illness / Aileen B. Rothbard, Arie P. Schinnar and Howard Goldman -- 3. The Severely and Chronically Mentally Ill in America: A Historical Perspective / Gerald N. Grob -- 4. Medical Problems of the Seriously and Persistently Mentally Ill / Patricia H. Bazemore -- 5. New Medications: Major Antipsychotic Psychopharmacologic Advances / Paul T. Barreira -- 6. Pharmacotherapy of Schizophrenia I: Acute Treatment / David N. Osser and Robert D. Patterson -- 7. Pharmacotherapy of Schizophrenia II: An Algorithm for Neuroleptic-Resistant Patients / David N. Osser and Robert D. Patterson -- 8. A Comprehensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Approach to Severe and Persistent Mental Illness in the Public Sector: The Worcester State Hospital Experience / George L. Dion, Sue Lovely and Marcia Skerry --
- 9. Psychotherapy with the Severely and Persistently Mentally Ill / Andrea Deutsch and Richard Munich -- 10. The Family: Advancing the Alliance / Kayla F. Bernheim -- 11. Coerced Community Treatment and Psychiatric Hospital Recidivism / Jeffrey L. Geller -- 12. Resolving Learned Helplessness in the Seriously and Persistently Mentally Ill / Raymond B. Flannery, Jr., Walter E. Penk and Lena Addo -- 13. Case Management with Longterm Patients: A Comprehensive Approach / Joel Kanter -- 14. When the Seriously Mentally Ill Patient Grows Old / Gary S. Moak -- 15. Suicide and Persistent Mental Illness: A Continual Clinical and Risk-management Challenge / William C. Torrey, Robert E. Drake and Steven J. Bartels -- 16. Dual Diagnosis - Serious Mental Illness and Substance Abuse: One Person, Two Major Problems, One Approach / Stephen Soreff and Kenneth Minkoff -- 17. Women with Long-term Mental Illness: A Different Voice / Roberta Apfel and Maryellen Handel --
- 18. Serving the Entire Community: Meeting the Needs of the Homeless Mentally Ill / Charles Maynard -- 19. PTSD as a Persistent Mental Illness / Matthew J. Friedman and Robert A. Rosenheck -- 20. The Treatment of the Seriously and Persistently Mentally Ill on an Acute Psychiatric Unit of a General Hospital / Deborah Spitz -- 21. Assertive Community Treatment / Alberto B. Santos -- 22. Financing of Care for the Seriously Mentally Ill / Michael Ostacher and Robert A. Dorwart -- 23. Legal Issues: Competency, Criminality and Care / Matt C. Zaitchik and Kenneth L. Appelbaum -- 24. Training Mental Health Professionals to Work Effectively with Persons with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness / Charles R. Goldman -- 25. Self Help Groups Serving the Seriously Mentally Ill / Morton A. Lieberman -- 26. Mental Health Services for an Aging Population: What History Can and Cannot Teach Us in Planning for the Twenty-First Century / William H. Fisher --
- 27. Quality Improvement and Serious Mental Illness / Gilbert Mason and Stephen Soreff.
- C - S