Princeton University Library Catalog
- Philadelphia, PA : Saunders/Elsevier, c2010.
- xiii, 644 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm.
- Related name
- Summary note
- "Online and print, this comprehensive, organ-based reference is an invaluable tool for the accurate diagnosis of infectious diseases - from the common to the most challenging." "Integrates the latest techniques in immunohistochemistry and molecular genetics throughout the text for comprehensive information on all investigative contexts relevant to ensuring diagnostic accuracy; Emphasizes the host responses critical in differential diagnosis to serve as a second opinion when non-infectious diagnoses mimic and confound the diagnosis of infection; Provides a complete visual guide to suspect lesions through superb, high-quality, full-color illustrations of key aspects of various diseases that facilitate the rapid identification of biopsy specimen; Features tables that list differential diagnosis for each lesion for quick summaries of key points in problem areas; and Highlights morphological characteristics and landmarks of tissue samples throughout the text for easy access to information necessary for signing out specimens."--BOOK JACKET.
- "Expert consult"--Cover.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction / Richard L. Kradin -- 2. General Principles in the Diagnosis of Infection / Richard L. Kradin and A. John Iafrate -- 3. The Biopsy in the Diagnosis of Infection: Clinical Approach / Jay A. Fishman -- 4. Cytopathology of Infectious and Inflammatory Diseases / Vicki J. Schnadig -- 5. Ultrastructural Diagnosis of Infection / Alton B. Farris, Martin Selig and G. Petur Nielsen -- 6. Ear, Nose, and Throat Infections / Matthew M. Johnson -- 7. Pulmonary Infections / Richard L. Kradin and Eugene J. Mark -- 8. Cardiac Infections / H. Thomas Aretz and Richard L. Kradin -- 9. Infections of the Gastrointestinal Tract / Gregory Lauwers, Mari Mino-Kenudson and Richard L. Kradin -- 10. Liver and Bile Duct Infections / Joseph Misdraji -- 11. Infectious Lymphadenitis / Judith A. Ferry -- 12. Infectious Diseases of the Bone Marrow and Spleen / Robert P. Hasserjian -- 13. Bone Infections / Andrew E. Rosenberg, Susan V. Kattapuram and G. Petur Nielsen -- 14. Infections of Joints, Synovium-Lined Structures, and Soft Tissue / Elizabeth G. Demicco, Susan V. Kattapuram, Richard L. Kradin and Andrew E. Rosenberg -- 15. Genitourinary Infectious Disease Pathology / Alton B. Farris and G. Petur Nielsen -- 16. Gynecologic Infections / Rosemary Tambouret -- 17. Perinatal Infections / Drucilla J. Roberts -- 18. Infections of the Nervous System / Sandra Camelo-Piragua and E. Tessa Hedley-Whyte -- 19. Skin Infections / Carlos Nicolas Prieto-Granada, Alice Z. C. Lobo and Martin C. Mihm.
- C - S