Princeton University Library Catalog
- Chicago : American Medical Association, c2012.
- xxvi, 491 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Related name
- Summary note
- "A guide and reference to address the gap across the science, policy and management areas. Resource for diagnostic and decision making, offers the context in which to manage mass fatality"--Provided by publisher.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mass fatality events in history -- Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives (CBRNE) events and risks -- DNA victim identification -- Forensic and odontology anthropology -- Radiology in mass fatalities and new imaging techniques -- Mass animal fatalities in response to animal health emergencies : depopulation and disposal of livestock -- Civil-military integration for mass fatality events -- Legal aspects of mass fatality events -- Financial aspects of mass fatality : compensation and reparation -- Psychological issues and mass death -- Critical aspects of mass fatality planning for state and local governments -- Risk communication during disasters and mass fatality events -- The role of the disaster mortuary operational response team (DMORT) in mass fatality events -- Social and cultural issues : resiliency and the role of family assistance centers -- The scale and scope of mass fatality : perspectives from two field studies -- Education and training of health professionals for mass fatality events -- Concluding remarks by the honorable Bob Graham.
- C - S