Princeton University Library Catalog
- New York : Springer, 2007.
- xix, 731 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Sexual minorities—Health and hygiene [Browse]
- Related name
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ch. 1. Shifting sands or solid foundation? : lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender identity formation / Michele J. Eliason and Robert Schope -- Ch. 2. Development of same-sex attracted youth / Ritch C. Savin-Williams and Kenneth M. Cohen -- Ch. 3. Developmental issues in lesbian and gay adulthood / Robert M. Kertzner -- Ch. 4. Biology and sexual minority status / William Byne -- Ch. 5. The importance of being perverse : troubling law, identities, health and rights in search of global justice / Stefano Fabeni and Alice M. Miller -- Ch. 6. Ethical, legal, social, and political implications of scientific research on sexual orientation / Edward Stein -- Ch. 7. Targeting the state : risks, benefits, and strategic dilemmas of recent LGBT health advocacy / Steven Epstein -- Ch. 8. Sexual stigma : putting sexual minority health issues in context / Gregory M. Herek, Regina Chopp and Darryl Strohl -- Ch. 9. Globalization, structural violence, and LGBT health : a cross-cultural perspective / Mark B. Padilla, Ernesto Vasquez del Aguila and Richard G. Parker -- Ch. 10. Prejudice and discrimination as social stressors / Ilan H. Meyer -- Ch. 11. Determinants of health among two-spirit American Indians and Alaska natives / Karen C. Fieland, Karina L. Walters and Jane M. Simoni -- Ch. 12. "I don't fit anywhere" : how race and sexuality shape Latino gay and bisexual men's health / Jesus Ramirez-Valles -- Ch. 13. Black LGB health and well-being / Juan Battle and Martha Crum -- Ch. 14. Defining and measuring sexual orientation for research / Randal L. Sell -- Ch. 15. Sampling in surveys of lesbian, gay, and bisexual people / Diane Binson, Johnny Blair, David M. Huebner and William J. Woods -- Ch. 16. Researching gay men's health : the promise of qualitative methodology / Gary W. Dowsett -- Ch. 17. From science fiction to computer-generated technology : sampling lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals / Esther D. Rothblum -- Ch. 18. Using community-based participatory research to understand and eliminate social disparities in health for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender populations / Mary E. Northridge, Brian P. McGrath and Sam Quan Krueger -- Ch. 19. Transgender health concerns / Anne A. Lawrence -- Ch. 20. Health care of lesbian and bisexual women / Katherine A. O'Hanlan and Christy M. Isler -- Ch. 21. Cancer and sexual minority women / Deborah J. Bowen, Ulrike Boehmer and Marla Russo -- Ch. 22. HIV / AIDS prevention research among black men who have sex with men : current progress and future directions / Gregorio A. Millett, David Malebranche and John L. Peterson -- Ch. 23. LGBT tobacco and alcohol disparities / Gregory L. Greenwood and Elisabeth P. Gruskin -- Ch. 24. Methamphetamine use and its relation to HIV risk : data from Latino gay men in San Francisco / Rafael M. Diaz -- Ch. 25. Improving access to health care among African-American, Asian and Pacific Islander, and Latino lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations / Partrick A. Wilson and Hirokazu Yoshikawa -- Ch. 26. Public health and trans-people : barriers to care and strategies to improve treatment / Emilia Lombardi -- Ch. 27. HIV prevention and care for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender youths : "best practices" from existing programs and policies / Joyce Hunter and Jan Baer -- Ch. 28. Fenway community health's model of integrated, community-based LGBT care, education, and research / Kenneth H. Mayer, Matthew J. Mimiaga, Rodney VanDerwarker, Hilary Goldhammer and Judith B. Bradford.
- 9780387288710 (hd.bd.)
- 0387288716 (hd.bd.)
- C - S