Princeton University Library Catalog
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2005.
- liv, 1108 p. : ill., map ; 25 cm.
- Related name
- Summary note
- "Environmental Health: From Global to Local offers students a comprehensive introduction to environmental health. It provides an overview of methods and paradigms used in this field, ranging from ecology to epidemiology, from toxicology to environmental psychology, and from genetics to ethics to religion." "Environmental Health: From Global to Local is an ideal starting point for undergraduate and graduate students majoring in environmental health. It is also an ideal text for students in other public health specialties who want to learn about environmental health and for students of environmental studies and environmental sciences who want to learn about the human health aspects of the environment."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction / Howard Frumkin -- 1. Ecology and human health / John Wegner -- 2. Toxicology / Jason R. Richardson and Gary W. Miller -- 3. Epidemiology / Kyle Steenland and Christine Moe -- 4. Exposure assessment, industrial hygiene, and environmental management / P. Barry Ryan -- 5. Environmental psychology / Daniel Stokols and Chip Clitheroe -- 6. Genetics and environmental health / Samuel H. Wilson -- 7. Environmental health ethics / Andrew Jameton -- 8. Environmental justice / Charles Lee -- 9. Religious approaches to environmental health / Daniel J. Swartz -- 10. Population pressure / Don Hinrichsen -- 11. Climate change / Jonathan A. Patz -- 12. War / Barry S. Levy and Victor W. Sidel -- 13. Developing nations / Jerome Nriagu, Jaymie Meliker and Mary Johnson -- 14. Air pollution / Michelle L. Bell and Jonathan M. Samet -- 15. Energy production / Richard Rheingans -- 16. Urbanization / Sandro Galea and David Vlahov -- 17. Transportation and health / John Balbus and Dushana Yoganathan Triola -- 18. Water and health / Timothy Ford -- 19. Solid and hazardous waste / Sven Rodenbeck, Kenneth Orloff, Harvey Rogers and Henry Falk -- 20. Pest control and pesticides / Mark G. Robson and George C. Hamilton -- 21. Food safety / David McSwane -- 22. Indoor air / Michael J. Hodgson -- 23. Workplace health and safety / Melissa Perry and Howard Hu -- 24. Radiation / Arthur C. Upton -- 25. Injuries / Junaid A. Razzak, Jeremy J. Hess and Arthur L. Kellermann -- 26. Disaster preparedness / Eric K. Noji and Catherine Y. Lee -- 27. Nature contact : a health benefit? / Howard Frumkin -- 28. Children / Maida Galvez, Joel Forman and Philip J. Landrigan -- 29. Prevention / Joel A. Tickner -- 30. The practice of environmental health / Sarah Kotchian -- 31. Geographic information systems / Lance A. Waller -- 32. Risk assessment / Scott Bartell -- 33. Environmental health policy / Barry L. Johnson -- 34. Risk communication / Vincent T. Covello -- 35. Health care services / Robert Laumbach and Howard M. Kipen -- 36. Legal remedies / Douglas A. Henderson.
- 0787973831 (alk. paper)
- C - S