Princeton University Library Catalog
- Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, c2013.
- xvii, 420 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Hernia—Surgery [Browse]
- Related name
- Master techniques in surgery. [More in this series]
- Summary note
- "As a resident at Washington University--Barnes Hospital in the 1990s, we were trained in Bassini, Cooper, Shouldice and then Lichtenstein repair. Every staff surgeon had a favorite repair and their own version of it. We learned the nuances of a transition stitch, releasing incision, and shutter mesh overlap. Mesh could be glued, sutured, tacked or stapled. The laparoscopic TAPP and later TEP mesh repair became very popular, and about the same time the American College of Surgeons was studying whether "watchful waiting" was a safer option in patients with asymptomatic inguinal hernias"--Provided by publisher.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781451107166 (hardback)
- 1451107161 (hardback)
- C - S