Princeton University Library Catalog
- 1st ed.
- Nashville [Tenn.] : Vanderbilt University Press, 2006.
- xii, 364 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Urban health [Browse]
- Related name
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. A framework for the study of urban health / Sandro Galea, Nicholas Freudenberg and David Vlahov -- 2. Changing living conditions; changing health : U.S. cities since World War II / Nicholas Freudenberg, Sandro Galea and David Vlahov -- 3. The urban social environment and its effects on health / Adam Coutts and Ichiro Kawachi -- 4. The urban physical environment and its effects on health / Susan Klitzman, Thomas D. Matte and Daniel E. Kass -- 5. Access to high-quality health care in U.S. cities : balancing community need and service system survival / Dennis P. Andrulis -- 6. Food, nutrition, and the health of urban populations / Ming-Chin Yeh and David L. Katz -- 7. Public health in U.S. cities : a historical perspective / David Rosner -- 8. Cities, suburbs, and urban sprawl : their impact on health / Howard Frumkin -- 9. Fifty ways to destroy a city : undermining the social foundation of health / Mindy Thompson Fullilove -- 10. A developing world perspective : health and deficiencies in provision for water and sanitation in urban areas of Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean / Gordon McGranahan and David Satterthwaite -- 11. Cities and infectious diseases : controls and challenges / David Vlahov and Emily Gibble -- 12. Traumatic stressors in urban settings : consequences and implications / Kenneth J. Ruggiero, Amy Van Wynsberghe, Tomika Stevens and Dean G. Kilpatrick -- 13. Mental health in the city / Sandro Galea, Michaeline Bresnahan and Ezra Susser -- 14. Methodological considerations in the study of urban health : how do we best assess how cities affect health? / Sandro Galea and Amy Schulz -- 15. Interventions to improve urban health / Nicholas Freudenberg -- 16. Creating healthier cities : where do we go from here? / David Vlahov, Sandro Galea and Nicholas Freudenberg.
- 0826515118 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0826515126 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- C - S