Princeton University Library Catalog
- Riffenburgh, R. H. (Robert H.) [Browse]
- 2nd ed.
- Burlington, MA : Elsevier Academic Press, c2006.
- xli, 622 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Summary note
- "Statistics in Medicine, Second Edition, makes medical statistics easy to understand and applicable to students, practicing physicians, and researchers. The book begins with the presentation of databases from clinical medicine and uses such data throughout to give multiple worked-out illustrations of every method. The text uses a unique approach, organizing the material into two Parts. Part I is an introductory, core-concepts guide for students in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, and other health care fields. Part II then provides a reference manual to support practicing clinicians in reading medical literature and conducting research studies."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 581-584) and indexes.
- Ch. 1. Data, notation, and some basic terms -- Ch. 2. Distributions -- Ch. 3. Summary statistics -- Ch. 4. Confidence intervals and probability -- Ch. 5. Hypothesis testing : concept and practice -- Ch. 6. Statistical testing, risks, and odds in medical decisions -- Ch. 7. Sample size required for a study -- Ch. 8. Statistical prediction -- Ch. 9. Epidemiology -- Ch. 10. Reading medical articles -- Ch. 11. Using the reference guide -- Ch. 12. Planning medical studies -- Ch. 13. Finding probabilities of error -- Ch. 14. Confidence intervals -- Ch. 15. Tests on categorical data -- Ch. 16. Tests on ranked data -- Ch. 17. Tests on means of continuous data -- Ch. 18. Multifactor tests on means of continuous data -- Ch. 19. Tests on variances of continuous data -- Ch. 20. Tests on the distribution shape of continuous data -- Ch. 21. Equivalence testing -- Ch. 22. Sample size required in a study -- Ch. 23. Modeling and clinical decisions -- Ch. 24. Regression and correlation methods -- Ch. 25. Survival and time-series analysis -- Ch. 26. Methods you might meet, but not every day -- Tables of probability distributions -- I. Normal distribution -- II. t distribution -- III. Chi-square distribution, right tail -- IV. Chi-square distribution, left tail -- V. F distribution -- VI. Binomial distribution -- VII. Poisson distribution -- VIII. Signed-rank probabilities -- IX. Rank-sum U probabilities.
- 0120887703 (alk. paper)
- International Article Number
- C - S