Princeton University Library Catalog
- West, John B. (John Burnard) [Browse]
- 7th ed.
- Philadelphia : Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, c2005.
- ix, 186 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Respiration [Browse]
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ch. 1. Structure and function - how the architecture of the lung subserves its function -- Ch. 2. Ventilation - how gas gets to the alveoli -- Ch. 3. Diffusion - how gas gets across the blood-gas barrier -- Ch. 4. Blood flow and metabolism - how the pulmonary circulation removes gas from the lung and alters some metabolites -- Ch. 5. Ventilation-perfusion relationships - how matching of gas and blood determines gas exchange -- Ch. 6. Gas transport by the blood - how gases are moved to the peripheral tissues -- Ch. 7. Mechanics of breathing - how the lung is supported and moved -- Ch. 8. Control of ventilation - how gas exchange is regulated -- Ch. 9. Respiratory system under stress - how gas exchange is accomplished during exercise, at low and high pressures, and at birth -- Ch. 10. Tests of pulmonary function - how respiratory physiology is applied to measure lung function.
- C - S