Princeton University Library Catalog
- Keene, Bryan C. [Browse]
- Los Angeles, CA : The J. Paul Getty Museum, 
- 111 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Host institution
- Issuing body
- Exhibition catalogs
- Summary note
- "Presents examples of illuminated manuscripts from the Renaissance in which artists depict nature in their art to intensify the spiritual experience of the viewer. Additionally, the portrayal of landscape in panel paintings, drawings, and decorative arts from the fifteenth through the seventeenth centuries is discussed"--Provided by publisher.
- "This publication is issued on the occasion of the exhibition Sacred Landscapes: Nature in Renaissance Manuscripts, on view at the J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center, Los Angeles, from October 10, 2017 to January 14, 2018."--ECIP galley.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Elements and symbols of the natural world -- Gardens and the cultivated earth -- Wilderness and the land beyond the city.
- 9781606065464 (hardcover)
- 1606065467 (hardcover)
- C - S
|In Library Use Only